Friday, April 05, 2002

Plunder in Ramallah


From: giacaman@baraka.org
Hello: evidence is mounting that the Israeli Army is stealing people's belongings as they search homes. Even the very precious stores of foods that remain in Ramallah are being plundered.



We have been hearing about this since the beginning of this occupation on Friday the 29th of March, 2002. It took some time for the picture to develop clearly. Here is what they do: they enter to search a home, place all family members in one room, search and leave. When they leave, family members come out of their room and realize that their belongings are missing.

Examples:

1.Stealing Money, Equipment and other Items, and eating people's food.

Saturday March 30, 10 a.m. right behind the Muqata'a in al-Bireh:

" They broke everything when they came in, and stole as well. we are merchants and have money at home always, they stole all the money we have, lots of money, at least 25,000 USD, and also batteries, 3 mobiles and expensive watches. It is crazy, but they also stole our prayer rugs and Qur'an! "

At around 11 am the same day:

"They came in, placed us all in one room, searched the house, and when we came out we realized that the following was missing: 3000 USD, NIS 1800, pens, a watch, a video camera battery, brand new in its box... they left the box, and took also my 050 (Israeli) mobile phone".

At around 12 of the same day:

"When they left I went to see if they took anything, as we have been hearing about this... they stole my two diamond rings, my gold, my money, 1000 USD and 1000 Jordanian dinars, three watches and a video camera and two ordinary cameras, they even stole the precious 800 USD that the Sri Lankan maid has saved to get back home"

At around 1 pm in the same area:

"They searched and stole my money, 23,000 IS that I kept for emergencies... I realized this quickly and came out running after them and told the commander. he told me he will get back to me.. instead, they ran over my BMW car, parked right outside the house, and then burned it. It seems that this was done because I complained."

No comments: