Friday, April 05, 2002

Individual Accounts of Crisis


Dear friends:

I just wanted to write all of of you and let you know what is going on for myself and my family...I am hoping that you may pray for us and hopefully pass this message along to anyone who may be able to pray for us and perhaps help out in any way.....Here goes:



Due to the Palestinain and Israeli conflict I was on the news with my Aunt on Friday March 29th.

The Israeli army went into may aunts home in Ramallah as well as her children's homes, kicked them out and made them stay in the basement, shutting off water, electricity, and chaining up the doors to their homes. The Israeli army shot at my cousins for trying to go into their homes to get their clothes to change and some belongings. They chained up everything and took the keys, ripping up the carpets and destroying their homes. 30 Palestinian males in Ramallah this weekend were stripped, humiliated and murdered in the streets. The media was turned away so this was unable to be shown on television. Noone knows what Sharon's army did with the bodies or where they put the bodies of the dead Palestinian civilians. The tanks are all over my aunts neighborhood where Arafat lives. My cousins may get killed if they are killing random men! I called Hillary Clinton's office and made a statement that is getting sent to Washington. The American media doesnt protray what Al Jezireh shows on Arabic satellite. Its way way way toooo graphic and morbid. I am so mad and upset and scared for my family. My family is petrified!!!!! This weekend has been emotional and tough. My family is living under a war zone. It's really sad. The churches are even being bombed and shot at. What kind of a world is this that condones this type of violence?



We can't move my family here. No travel is allowed and their green cards have been revoked.

I am so sad about what is going on!! I just cry about the whole thing. I have contacted the NY Times and Channel 5 News has contacted me for another interview with my family. I feel that these acts of uncivilization, wrong, and violence from the Israeli army need to be protested. Today on the news (MSNBC) about 200 Israeli males were drafted and chose to go to jail rather than serve in the war because they disagreed with what is going on in Israel and the tactics of the army against innocent Palestinians. The Arab American group talked to Powell today and voiced their opposition agains Bush's lack of involvement and lack of efforts to help Palestinans. I am so scared for my Aunt, her children, and their children. This is so not fair and I feel so helpless!!!! My family is so scared and every time we call Ramallah to speak with them, all they do is cry. I cant stand it.

Somebody needs to step in. George Bush's complacency is ludicrous! The Palestinians have no food, no medicine, no electricity, nothing. A Palestinian's home was randomly shot at today and through their front doors they were shot. A mother and her son bled to death beause the Israleli army wouldn't let them call for help!!!!

I don't know what more to say.

No comments: