Wednesday, April 17, 2002

Brand Israel A Terrorist State


(PINA): The current massacring of Palestinian civilians in the refugee camp of Jenin and the cities of the West Bank reminded me of a story my Serb teacher told me in high school more than twenty years ago. She had been a young girl during the Nazi invasion of Yugoslavia and remembers the conduct of the German soldiers as they filed through Belgrade.

She remembers receiving rich German chocolate and cakes from the soldiers. The world may have painted German soldiers as barbaric Visigoths, but to her, they were civilized and did not inflict harm on civilians.

I decided to conduct some research of my own and find any story, any documented factoid of the Israeli army’s treatment of Palestinian children. I came up empty. Instead, I came across a plethora of the most revolting pictures of twisted flesh and once-human carcasses that had been shot, trampled, bulldozed and run over by tanks. Picture after picture of mutilated bodies, smashed skulls, bloodied torsos, missing eyes, and splattered brains.

No comments: