Thursday, January 31, 2002

I was surfing around last night, doing the mp3 thang when I stumbled on a bunch of old favorites and some new, soon to be favorites. I found 'The Ataris, Atari Teenage Riot, Suicidal Tendencies and Pennywise last night. The Suicidal Tendencies I've listened to before, but the other three were some really pleasurable discoveries. The Ataris do a kind of 60's soft Punk thing that just puts a smile on your face when you listen to it, Atari Teenage Riot on the other hand makes you happily, intensely rage, rage rage. 'Speed' is one song which is particularly intense, it feels like you can hear a Formula One racing car exploding out of the speakers. Pennywise is 60's Punkish, and does some dreamy, fabulous covers of old favorites like 'Mr's Robinson' from 'The Graduate', 'Kids in America' (so it's not 60's'ish, sue me), and a take on the 'Willy Wonka' song that will just put you in orbit. Better than Ecstacy. I'm going out and buying them all, and I encourage all of you to give'em a listen, then get out there and support your local, or not so local music artist. These people deserve every penny they get.

No comments: