Thursday, October 07, 2004

Thursday at Cafe Allegro

I got a call yesterday from Safeco re a third interview. It's down to me and one other candidate. Whoopee. Notice no exclamation mark on the end of that last one. If I pass muster, they still have to do the 'background check', which means that they find my ugly credit history that makes me look like Osama Bin Laden trying to get a job at the Defense department. What the hell expect with today's economy anyway? "Oh yeah, you should just pull money out of your ass to pay your bills, even though you have no employment insurance and no savings and friends and relatives who are in the same terrible economic situation you are." What absolute and utter crap.

Today I'm taking some time off from job-hunting and camping by the phone all day while waiting for callbacks. Just too much stress, waiting for the phone to ring, searching my e-mail almost constantly looking for responses from jobs I've posted for. Too much friggin' stress.

So, after a short visit to Cafe Allegro I'm off to explore some of the neighborhoods around Seattle and do some photography.

No comments: