Monday, October 18, 2004

So I just posted a few resumes on Monster, the jobs I posted for all look fairly promising, so hopefully I'll have something soon. So many times I've said that, so many times I've been disappointed.
Still though, I talked to Ashley for the first time today, beyond simple chit-chat anyway. I don't think anything will come of it, but nothing ventured, nothing gained.
With every resume I put out I feel a bit closer to my goal though, to get all my debts addressed and then get out of this stupid, backward, uncivilized country. I can't believe I've let myself be trapped here as long as I have. Quite the little complex, to hate one's country of birth so much. . .
Yet there are the beautiful things here, the landscapes, the historical stories, the advances that have happened with technology. Funny, but there were so many technological advances with the germans during WWII and look what happened to them in the end. . . And look at what happened to them afterwards: a society with more caring, more compassion than many in the world have. A social system of cradle-to-grave care. A decent work week. A high standard of living. Yes, there's the unemployment there now, but that was caused by the Berlin Wall coming down and re-absorbing half of their country back into themselves. A hell of a financial cost. Like absorbing Mexico into the U.S. along with all of it's economic and social problems.

No comments: