Tuesday, May 21, 2002

A Better Man Than They


Why should I favor this man’s work, the work of a leftist and alleged anti-American? Because he gets the facts. Wherever a crisis breaks out, The Independent’s readership can almost always count on Mr. Fisk being there, asking unwelcome questions and revealing information that those in authority would rather not have made public. I started reading Mr. Fisk during the Kosovo bombings, which I abhorred, and still do. Time and again he called NATO out on its sordid little lies during that villainous attack on a country that had done the West no harm. The NATO-crats hated him so much at the time they called him "Bob Fiskic." Ever since, I made it a point to read Fisk’s columns whenever possible, and when I do, I almost always learn something new, even when I profoundly disagree with him.


No comments: